Thursday, June 11, 2009

Adult Kids

I really enjoy my adult kids. Really. Mostly. Actually they are great! We've had such a wonderful time watching them grow up with all of the usual parental worries but now that they are adults, the worry is over, right? Not exactly. For some reason we still worry. My son is 21 and a senior at UCF majoring in economics. I love that he has a passion for something other than World of Warcraft! I still worry. What will he be able to DO with his degree? Will he find an employer who will pay for his Master's Degree? Will he find an employer at all? SHOULD he find an employer? Maybe he should write about economics for a living. Maybe he should start his own thing......

Why am I worrying? (other than the obvious reason, that I am a Mom!) We unschooled and I learned to trust that he was learning stuff so I need to learn to trust that he will DO something with his life to support himself. Sort of like umm, unworking? Should I coin that phrase? Go ahead Matt and Unwork! We need more of that around here. But, please be able to pay your bills and get some health insurance! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment