Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Baby!

I have been incredibly distracted lately for personal, family reasons. My mother has a bit of dementia (or Alzheimers, not sure) and my daughter has been through three miscarriages in one year. Oh and we lost both of our dachshunds. What a year 2009 was! I hope never to repeat that!

On the plus side, though, my distraction lately has been because my daughter is now 12 weeks pregnant! I am going to be a grandma! Needless to say we are extremely excited over here and that's about all we're thinking about. These 12 weeks have been nail-biting since she's had so much trouble but all is well now! The ultrasound today shows a normal-looking baby of indeterminate sex. The next ultrasound will be the BIG one where they find out the sex of the baby and I know if I should buy pink or blue. Yes if this is a girl she will have a ton of pink and purple.

In January we also adopted a puppy from the South Lake Animal League here in lake County Florida. He's a great mixed breed dog. We love him so much! We went from having two small (mostly short) dachshunds to a TALL larger breed dog. I never had to worry about food on the counter before. This guy can reach the counter with no problems.

That's what's happening in the personal life of the Homeschool Radical!

No comments:

Post a Comment